To deliver products sold to customers, TOTAL Fluides uses transport modes complying with the following regulations on hazardous materials transportation by road, sea, rail and air:
- ADR: European agreement concerning the international carriage of dangerous goods by road;
- ADN: European agreement concerning the international carriage of dangerous goods by inland waterways;
- RID: regulations concerning the international carriage of dangerous goods by rail;
- IMDG: International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code;
- IATA regulation for the transportation of dangerous goods by air;
- DOT: United States Transportation of Hazardous Materials Regulations;
- MEX: regulation for transportation of hazardous materials by road in Mexico;
- TDG: Canadian Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
In addition, as petroleum cuts, most products marketed by Total Fluides are subject to the requirements of Annex I to the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution by Ships (MARPOL).
Some commercial products such as simple substances are classified in Annex II of the MARPOL Convention (e.g. toluene).