HYDROCARBON SOLVENT FOR GLUES AND ADHESIVES: SOLANE RANGE
Adhesive techniques are now well-known and are increasingly used in a great variety of applications including the automotive industry, construction and building. These techniques are also of particular interest to the wood/timber, furnishing, leather goods, packaging and electronic industries.
Hydrocarbon solvents SOLANE for adhesive applications offer formulators:
- Consistent and predictable process performance
- The ability to meet increasingly stringent regulations while maintaining the benefits of solvent-based formulations
- Reduced worker exposure to hazardous chemicals
Hydrocarbon solvents are used to dissolve various types of binders and polymers and can also help to control the drying properties of adhesive solvents.
TOTAL is present in different markets such as:
- Contact adhesives (used for footwear and construction assembly).
- Pressure-sensitive adhesives (used mainly for tapes and labels)
- Hot melt PSA
We manufacture and market:
- Aliphatic solvents, cycloaliphatic and naphthenic fluids: SOLANE range
- Aromatic solvents
for a variety of glue & adhesive formulations.
Health & Safety concerns:
REACH regulation (EC 1907/2006) and its amendments introduced in annex XVII some restrictions in using toluene and cyclohexane in adhesives intended for sale to the general public.
We offer solutions to avoid such restrictions by using methylcyclohexane (SOLANE MCH). Formulations can be adjusted by optimizing methylethylketone (MEK) content and/or esters to obtain the required performances.